Thursday, April 15, 2010

paper pretties

My friend, coworker, and fellow-blogger Ashley commented to me just today that I have yet to do a post on wedding invitations. The absence of an invitation post is surely not because I don't have strong opinions towards invitations. I feel about pretty invitations the way most girls feel about Brad Pitt. However, to most- my taste in invitations is a little bland. For the most part, I just love traditional, classic letterpress calligraphy. While I recognize that invitations are costly and are likely tossed in the trash after a short lifespan on someone's refridgerator, I do appreciate high-quality paper and calligraphy. These are some examples of what I like when it comes to invitations. I do like the rustic, yet elegant appeal that some of these tree/plant related invitations have, like the Basalm Calligraphy and the Walden Oak Tree. There's just some reliable, steady, and strong about an oak tree- and what better symbolism for a lasting marriage?




String Calligraphy


Classic Calligraphy



Walden



Sonoma Calligraphy



Bescal Calligraphy


Basalm Calligraphy

Modern Calligraphy



All of the above designs are creations of Bella Figura, an amazing letterpress invitation company.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I dont care for the first one...but the one with the trees branches or vines or whatever they are, coming out of the corners is SWEET!!! i all those a lot though!