Monday, June 7, 2010

Birthday Weekend Scenes

My actual birthday was on Thursday. I was fortunate enough to be working in Birmingham during my birthday week. Candace is fortunate enough to enjoy a career as a high school teacher, and therefore is now out for summer break. Our master plan was to hit the pool and hang out on my birthday afternoon- perfect, right? We thought so. That is until we realized that my pool is out of commission until further notice, and that Candace's pool was being treated with chemicals that afternoon. Bummer. But as Candace said, when life gives you lemons, you gotta make lemonade. So make lemonade we did!

Miss Addison didn't seem to mind some backyard fun in lieu of the pool. Look at that face- a simple squirt bottle was enough to keep her entertained!

I think Candace and I loved her pool that afternoon as much as she did, if not more!

After a lovely afternoon "poolside" with Candace and Addison, I went home to get cleaned up. Clint and I had a lovely birthday dinner, just the two of us. I don't have visual evidence, but you'll have to trust me that it was delicious!

I don't have pictures of everything, but below are a few shots of some of the thoughtful gifts I received:


Clint got me the new Coach fragrance, which I have been lusting after for a few weeks now! Love it!

Ashley got me some gorgeous picture frames and a beautiful vase! Can't wait to find a place for them in the house!

I'm a huge fan of the show True Blood and an even huger fan of the Sookie Stackhouse books! Sarah got me the just released installment in this series. I'm already about halfway through, and it's just as addictive as all the previous books.

I also got some other books, some cookware, gifts cards, etc. Another notable gift was an adorable recipe book - courtesy of Candace! I love it and am so disappointed that I do not have a picture to share with everyone. I've already started filling it with some of my mom's recipes!


On Friday evening: Clint, Sarah, Stewart, Calley, Brian, and I continued our tradition from last year by attending the Magic City Brewfest. We had a blast once again and discovered some very interesting and tasty beers. Below is one of my absolute favorites both from last year and this year:





On Saturday evening: Clint, Candace, Sarah, Calley, Brian and I went to dinner and a movie. When the first Sex and the City movie came out two years ago, I had a SATC themed birthday celebration. Although we were a little late, this year was no different!


Yummy birthday drinks!

The group during dinner at SekiSui

The girls and CARRIE!



BUT
Don't be fooled.
The weekend wasn't all fun and games.
By Sunday afternoon, Clint put me to work helping him in the yard.


Weeding flowerbeds and putting out new mulch- oh joy!


Fresh coat of paint on the mailbox.
While being a "quarter of a century old" may not sound too enticing, it was a wonderful birthday once again, and I'm thankful to the wonderful family and friends who made it special!
After a great trip to the beach and a blissful week of work at home, I'm back on the road this week.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Candace said...

I enjoyed your birthday greatly too! I'm sad it is over really...