Thursday, December 23, 2010

traditions

I've been at Mom's house for almost a week now.

It. has. been. fabulous.

I've spent a lot of time relaxing and just spending time with family. Clint was here over the weekend, but unfortunately he had to go back to Birmingham for work this week. We'll be reunited in a couple of days, and we will do Christmas with his family then. [Side note: Clint and I actually dated in high school and share the same hometown area. However, my mom now lives elsewhere. We do Christmas at her house first, then head back to our hometown for actual Christmas since we both still have friends/family there]. Since I've been at Mom's I've completed so many of our annual traditions. To name a few: baking cookies (chocolate chip and sugar with sprinkles); gift wrapping (Mom always waits until I get home and let's me wrap ALL the gifts. I'm still not sure if that's a chore or a priviledge); making eggnog, fudge, and many other Christmas goodies; watching Christmas movies (Charlie Brown, Christmas Vacation, and Home Alone are MUST-SEEs, but we have watched many more); and riding around to see Christmas lights. I snapped a few pictures with my phone of a particularly festive house we saw during our outing:









Next up I'm headed to my hometown to visit one of my best friends and her family. Clint will arrive the day of Christmas Eve, and we always go to his Granny's house that night. The rest of the weekend will be spent bouncing between his family, my family, and friends. Can't wait!

Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

Calley said...

Awwww...Beth this post really put me in the Christmas spirit! I've been kind of down this week having to work, but you got me really excited to be going home to my family for all our traditions as well. :)
Merry Christmas!

Kimberly said...

Enjoy your holiday!