Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WILW

Link up with Jamie!



It's HARD to be a consisent blogger during the summer. That's all I'm gonna say...and without further ado, here's what I'm loving lately:

{frosting}
You guys remember that movie with Kate Hudson and Matthew McYummy? How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days? Well, I've always loved the analogy they use to describe accessorizing yourself with the perfect jewels- "Frost yourself." Yeah, totally random I know and has nothing to do with my next point really, except that it involves jewelry. So my friends have become quite the jewelry-making experts, and I'm amazed at what cute stuff they can produce. I joined in on a crafty session with them last week and made this little frosting for my neck. My talents don't compare to them, but I'm still loving the final product!



{showers}
I love afternoon summer showers! And even more, I'm loving these two silly kiddos playing in the drizzle.


{frans}
I'm always loving sweet friends, a fun night out, and Tin Roof!




{munchies}
I'm loving that any time we have a team meeting at work, everyone brings goodies. This time I whipped up some sausage balls and pigs-in-a-blanket. I'm loving that as I prepared them, the pigs-in-a-blanket brought back football season memories and the sausage balls conjured up Christmas memories! I think this girl is already longing for a break in the summer heat wave...


{melody}
I'm loving my new Miranda Lambert cd. I'm NOT loving that she cancelled her concert last weekend and now I have to wait until October to see her. However, as I pointed out above, I'm over the Alabama summer heat, and seeing her in the fall will certainly make for a more pleasant experience in an outdoor amphitheater. My favorite tracks so far are: Over You (duh), All Kinds of Kinds, Fine Tune, Mama's Broken Heart, Look at Miss Ohio... and I'm sure as I learn more the list will grow!



{tube}
I miss my regular shows, but summer tv is nothing to scoff at. I'm loving True Blood, Melissa & Joey, Real Housewives of New York, and Charlie Sheen's Anger Management. But a surprising new addition to the list is The Newsroom, which comes on immediately following True Blood on HBO. I was hooked after the first episode. Jeff Daniels delivers an amazing performance, and his dry wit and quick remarks sometimes have me in stitches. Plus, I'm also a sucker for the inter-work romances: the budding flirtation between Jim and Maggie and the long history between Will and Mackenzie.



Have a great Wednesday!


3 comments:

Cindi said...

Two of my favorite snack ever...sausage balls and pigs-in-a-blanket!! :) Your hair is super cute, Beth! And I agree...blogging is so much harder to be consistent about in the Summertime. :) The heat just zaps me when I play out in the yard with my boys in the evening, so by the time they go to bed, I'm right behind them. Ha!

Calley said...

Have you watched Duck Dynasty yet on A&E?? Brian has gotten me addicted and I think it was one that you and Clint would enjoy together. HILARIOUS!! My favorites are Uncle Si and Jase. You have to check it out and let me know!

The Sweet Life said...

I've been a horrible blogger this summer, and an ever worse blog reader!!!!! I love the whole "frost yourself" term and I adore your necklace!!!