Friday, January 25, 2013

it's a MAJOR AWARD!




Please excuse the "Christmas Story" reference above. Couldn't resist! The very sweet Laura Ellen over at Living Like LaLa nominated me for the Liebster Award and I'm very appreciative (even though I'm a little belated getting this post out). The award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and it was very thoughtful of LE to include me. Everyone should go check out her blog- lots of wedding planning excitement going on over there!

Here are the 11 random questions that LE posed to me:

1. Where is the most exciting place you have ever been?

To me it doesn’t get more exciting than NYC. No matter how many times you go, the energy in that city can’t compare to anywhere else. Exciting in terms of distance from home? London.

2. Did you make any new years resolutions? If so what were they?

Honestly, I didn’t really make any resolutions this year. Normally I do and fail miserably, so this year I didn’t really bother. Sure there are definitely areas of my life where I could improve and things I’d like to accomplish, but I’m just focusing on being present in each moment. Time is flying by so quickly (have I really been out of college almost SIX YEARS?), and I am fortunate to be blessed with such wonderful family and friends. Instead of creating a checklist for myself in the form of resolutions, I just want to focus on enjoying those many blessings and living in the moment. Like many others, I am guilty of getting sidetracked by our technology-driven world and maybe not enjoying every moment to its fullest. Things like habitually checking the cell phone when together with family/friends, worrying too much about capturing the perfect picture at an event rather than focusing on the event itself, stressing about insignificant details like your house not being perfectly clean before company arrives, bringing home a bad attitude after a long day at work, etc. I want to do less of that stuff. So maybe that is my resolution after all- being happy and grateful for each fun memory as I’m blessed with it. In a nutshell, being present.

3. What is your favorite Sports team?

The Alabama Crimson Tide, who else?

4. What song do you sing to the top of your lungs when it comes on the radio?

Currently, Britney Spears’ “Scream and Shout”, all of Taylor Swift’s new album, and JT’s “Suit and Tie”.

5. Who is your role model?

I have several for different reasons: my mother, my grandmother, my MIL, my grandmother-in-law, my “fairy godmother”, and Meryl Streep

6. Where do you want to be with your life in 5 years?

Motherhood. We’ve been in no rush on that front, but in 5 years I know that both Mr. M and I hope we are lucky enough to be enjoying adventures with (at least) our first little one.

7.If you could make 3 wishes what would they be?

A. To spend one last day with my dad hanging out, watching football, and eating all the desserts our sweet-teeth could handle

B. To buy a gorgeous home and vineyard in France

C. To buy my own private jet for traveling to said vineyard in France as well as various other places (Italy, Ireland, and anywhere tropical)

8.What is your favorite Quote?

Tough because I love SOOO many quotes. I’ll just pick a few of my favorites that I’ve seen recently.

“Say what you will about the South. But nobody retires and moves up North.” – anonymous.

“I don’t know how people get so anti-something. Mind your own business, take care of your own affairs, and don’t worry about other people so much.” – the wise Betty White

“A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.” – Irish proverb



9. If you could only pick one nail polish color to use for the rest of your life what would it be?

OPI’s Bubble Bath

10. Favorite healthy snack?

Fresh pineapple or homemade guacamole

11. Current Favorite TV show?

Yikes. I couldn’t possibly pick ONE favorite. Revenge, Nashville, Scandal, Hart of Dixie.


The rules require that I make up 11 more random questions and tag other bloggers (with fewer than 200 followers) to answer my questions, make up 11 more, and tag more bloggers. Get it? Here goes!

My 11 random questions:
1. What’s the very first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

2. What beauty product can you not live without?
3. What do you like least/most about the upcoming holiday- Valentine’s Day?
4. What’s your absolute favorite recipe?
5. What concert are you dying to attend?
6. When you think about your taste/style, what three words come to mind first?
7. What tv show do you never miss?
8. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
9. What’s your favorite children’s book?
10. What’s your dream honeymoon/anniversary trip?
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years (personally, professionally, etc.)?

I tag:
Jane @ Life on the Farris Wheel
Ashley @ The Process of Learning
Stephanie @ Steph's Sweet Life
Calley @ Life as the Ondocsins
Shelley @ Insert Clever Phrase Here
Natalie @ Charles and We

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: