Monday, April 9, 2012

miscellany monday

Jumping on the bandwagon and linking up with Carissa for my first-time ever!




{catch up}
Between going home for Easter and our anniversary trip, I'm still in catch-up mode. Thank goodness I'm home again this week and not traveling for work. Still haven't uploaded any trip pictures yet. Hold yer horsies people- hopefully soon.


{easter}




The extended family dressed up in various spring hues and paraded off to church and a big lunch afterwards. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any snapshots of us in all of our pastel glory. Speaking of Easter pictures, I love Easter for many reasons (celebration of the Resurrection at the top of the list of course), but I've also decided that not far down that list is my love for the virtual explosion of cute photos of children. Yesterday, and in the days leading up to Easter, my Newsfeed (Facebook lingo for anyone still living in the Stone Age) seemed to vomit up another 100 adorable baby pictures every time I checked it. And I. Love. It. Like can't get enough of it. Easter egg hunts, Easter Bunny visits, smocked outfits, dyed eggs, Easter basket treats, babies with bunnies- it's ALL precious! Anyway, before I sound any more like a child stalker creep, I digress.


We had a wonderful Easter weekend chock full of family, friends, food and fun. Even just a two hour drive away, we don't get "home" nearly as much as we used to, so we always really enjoy going to visit. As you know, Easter also brings the end of Lenten sacrifice. Woohoo! Let me just be real- I kinda cheated on the no fried food thing a little. Okay, a lot. But I'm still going strong on my bible study. It's an 11 week program, so I've still got a ways to go. However, I did NOT cheat on my beauty product committment. I can't tell you how many times I picked up some lip gloss or nail polish or eye shadow in Target, walked around with it in the buggy for a while, and ultimately put it back. I did not even allow myself a trip to Ulta or Sephora. The temptation would have been too much. So now that I'm officially allowed- I'm practically chomping at the bit to purchase some new summery nail polish. Anyone have some color suggestions since I've been living in a cosmetic drought lately??





These are some pretties I've swooned over on Pinterest.




{organizing}
Despite getting home pretty late Sunday afternoon, I squeezed in a few little chores. Going back to the above Easter topic, I'll admit that I'm an old-fashioned Southern lady who still follows the ancient "no white before Easter" rule of thumb. So yesterday, I moved lots of winter clothes upstairs and brought down all of my summer whites. Something about pulling out those crisp, white summer pants, skirts and shorts always makes me happy.


Mr. M kept busy by finally putting together a new outdoor table and chairs. They have been sitting in our garage for a while now, and he couldn't take it any longer. The set-up was easy-peasy, and now we have a few more places to sit out back.







{birthday}



We all know I'm not the most prompt blogger, and while this is a day late- I still wanted to wish one of my best friends Candace a very Happy Birthday! I don't think she will mind my tardiness since it's a common known fact that she celebrates the entire month, rather than just one day! I hated not to be with her on her actual birthday, but Mr. M and I are looking forward to celebrating with her later. We love you Can!



2 comments:

Candace said...

Love the coral nail polish!

Love the table and chairs, and your flowers out back are so pretty. You make me want some flowers; unfortuately, flowers can't live at my house. Not that they aren't allowed, they just don't survive me.

Thank you for the birthday shout-out. I'm 100% looking forward to the weekend!

The Sweet Life said...

I love tht you jumped on the miscellany Monday band wagon! I'm sure it will be nice to be home this week and try to get caught up...ahem on anniversary trip recaps! K, thanks!!! Haha!

Happy Monday! And happy late Easter!
We need a girls night soon to celebrate Candace's bday!