Friday, April 27, 2012

rise up and roll on

Flags on the capital lawn to honor each life lost.



As most of my Alabama friends know, today marks the one year anniversary of the devastating tornadoes that swept through our state on 04/27/11. I don't want to recount the events of that day- where I was, what I was thinking, how I felt seeing the destruction after it was all over. I've spent some time this morning reflecting on that infamous day. Without a doubt, if you lived anywhere in the state or had friends and family in Alabama, you were changed forever that day. As in most cases, tragedy comes with a silver lining, and I couldn't be more proud of how our state pulled together to overcome the loss and destruction. And on the one year anniversary, that's what I'm choosing to focus on.




So proud to be from Alabama!


On a side note, we enjoyed watching the draft last night with our "family". Trent is headed to the Browns with the #3 pick in the draft. Following him up is Mark Barron to the Tampa Bucs at #7, Dre Kirkpatrick to the Bengals at #17, and Dont'a Hightower to the Patriots at #25. We will miss seeing them on the field this year, but so proud of their success!



No comments: