Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Loves

Link up with Jamie!



{wisdom}



I'm loving the statements that can come out of a toddler's mouth. For instance, my very smart and very sweet "niece" made a profound comment last week that I found wise beyond her (three) years. As we scraped the brownie batter bowl clean of any left-overs, she looked at me and exclaimed, "Chocolate- that's my best, favorite color!". I chuckled at her confusion with color vs. flavor, but the more I thought about it... Birthdays= chocolate. Easter baskets= chocolate. Weddings= chocolate. Valentine's Day= chocolate. Christmas stockings= chocolate. Afternoon pick-me-ups= chocolate. Long days at work= chocolate. Movie theaters= chocolate. Chocolate cake, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate fudge brownies, hot chocolate, chilly chocolate milk, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate ice cream... Indeed, sweet girl. Chocolate is my best, favorite color as well.


{sweet}




Speaking of sweet things, I'm currently loving sherbert. It's no secret that I'm a dessert girl (chocolate to be specific). But when it's 1000 degrees outside, nothing hits the spot like Blue Bell's summer sherbert!






{convenience}



I'm loving that the Target by our home has started giving you a clip-on cup-holder for your buggy when you buy a Starbucks beverage. Until recently, everytime I grabbed a drink, I had to play a tricky balance game as I tried to push the cart, grab items, and NOT spill my drink. How convenient!






{fresh}



I'm loving that my mom gave me my first batch of fresh, homegrown tomatoes this summer. Between her and Clint's granddaddy, there is no telling how many tomatoes I put away over the course of the summer. A great fresh tomato sandwich (with Miracle Whip, not Mayo) is a classic summer staple at our house!





{monogram}




Wasn't it the lovely Reese Witherspoon who said, "If it's not moving, monogram it"? Well whoever said it, I tend to live by this philosophy. Blame it on my Southern roots I suppose. Anyway, my bestie Candace gave me this awesome hat as part of my birthday present, and I'm loving it! Seriously don't think I could I be any more obsessed!





{cross}



Speaking of accessories, I'm also loving this other birthday prize - my new cross wrap bracelet! Too cute!





{eric}



I'm loving that Mr. Eric Northman is once again making his Sunday night appearances in my living room. The "True Blood" premiere was this past Sunday, and if the rest of the season is anything like the first episode it's going to be a wild ride!



Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did the cross wrap bracelet come from? I am wanting one so badly!!

Jade Sierra said...

Absolutely LOVING the cross wrap bracelet! :) :)

New follower! http://justplainjade.blogspot.com

agalandherdog said...

Rainbow sherbert is the best!

Jenn @ Party of One said...

Ah, that's a great idea of Targets. I hope they start doing it by me too...I might be more inclined to buy a starbucks drink with that :)

and chocolate is my favorite color too ;)