Monday, March 19, 2012

miscellaneous monday

~crawdads~
The weather was absolutely gorgeous this past Saturday. Mr. M and I decided to meet some friends for lunch at Papa Saia's in Helena. They were having a huge crawfish boil in honor of their grand opening. Even after we finished lunch, we continued to hang out on the patio near the tiki bar overlooking the dam. Crawfish boils are just one of many things that I love about the spring season, and my first taste this year did not disappoint. Beautiful weather, accoustic tunes, spicy crawfish, and cold beverages are always a winning recipe.






~st. patty's day~
We met up with another group of friends Saturday evening at Blackwell's Pub to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Without a doubt, the green beer was flowing and everyone had lots of Irish fun!






~spring cleaning~
We also spent some time this weekend doing some spring cleaning, packing away heavy winter clothes, and doing yard work. It was a very productive weekend at the Miller High Life Casa.

I don't think I ever posted any pictures of my craft from the last Craft Party at Candace's house. I mentioned it here, but never got around to posting pictures. Anyway, here's my craft the night of the Pinterest Party.



Not too impressive, huh? In a nutshell, I modge podged Easter eggs with old book pages(tutorial). I used an old Guinnness Book of Records from the early 80s- the older and yellower the pages, the better. I used this super-cool technique to allow my modge podged eggs to dry- that Martha is a genius.


My initial idea was too glue the modge podged eggs onto a moss-covered wreath. My goal was to create an Easter wreath with a vintage, Pottery Barn feel. I ultimately decided against doing the wreath because I already have a really pretty hydrangea spring/summer wreath. Actually, let's just be real- I got lazy and never finished the wreath. So this weekend, after all the spring cleaning was done, I pulled out my eggs and threw together this little centerpiece. It's definitely not my best Pinterest project but I'm happy with the way it turned out.






No comments: