Monday, May 7, 2012

miscellany monday

Heyyyyyy party people! This post comes to you via our nation's capital. I'm in DC for work this week, and I always love it here!

Did you all have a nice weekend? Everyone all recovered from your mint julep/margarita/Talladega hangovers? It was quite the weekend of events. However, you chose to spend your weekend- I hope it was awesome!

We had our Cinco de Mayo party Saturday evening and also hosted quite a few overnight guests. I hope everyone had as much fun as Mr. M and I did - we thoroughly enjoyed celebrating with everyone! Also, a big thank you to Candace for her help with my fabulous party printables. She does fabulous work!

Anywho, on with our regular scheduled programming...


Link up with Carissa!






{sloppy joe}




Sloppy joe, slop sloppy joe, sloppy joe, slop sloppy joe... it's pretty much impossible for me to think about this food without mentally singing the old Adama Sandler song. Anyway, I fixed sloppy joes one night last week, and it was seriuosly the first time I had eaten one in FOREVER. Ummmm...delicious!! And just for good measure, I served up these delicacies on our finest paper plates, paired them with icey cold Miller Lites, and set the mood with a little TV glow ambiance. I had forgotten how much I love sloppy joes, and when I said as much to Mr. M, he joked that he was relieved to know that he had not married a high maintenance girl after all. Well I don't know about that. I'll take my designer labels and fancy restaurants all day long...but sometimes you just can't beat a good sloppy joe.

{divergent}
I finally got started with my newest reading material on the flight this morning. I'll be honest- it was difficult to get excited about reading anything else after 50 Shades. Luckily, this book is just as enthralling as everyone said, and I've quickly gotten sucked in. I'll update later when I've read more, but so far I'm digging it!

{derby}
We were too busy prepping for our fiesta celebration to watch much of the Derby. However, I always love to check out the hat photo galleries after the event. Here are some of my favorites:







This is not actually a favorite hat...I just love "Once Upon a Time". Ahh, Prince Charming and Snow...


Love Debra Messing.
All images via Yahoo



It's too bad we did not place any bets on the race. With a name like "I'll Have Another", Mr. M would have certainly picked the derby winner as his race favorite.

{fiesta}
I hope to do a party details post later once I have some pictures together (fingers crossed that Candace got some good ones), but for now- here's a little sneak peak at Cinco de May'all!


A glimpse of some of the printables by Candace.



Handmade Fiesta Flowers!



The margarita and dessert table.




Sweet girls (plus Tate)!




Have a wonderful Monday!





2 comments:

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

LOVE those derby hats, and now...I'm totally craving a sloppy joe. So nice to 'meet' you via kelly's korner!

Jenna said...

AWhh! Your little fiesta looks like SO much funnn! Looks like a fabulous weekend! BTW, I just started reading Fift Shades! I am excited to see what all the fuss is about! ;) Hope your work week is fabulous!