Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Few

Hellooooooooooooooo out there. Anyone still listening? Nope? Didn’t think so. Oh well, on to a few of my random Friday thoughts.

• I have consistently woken up everyday this week at least 20 minutes before my alarm clock was scheduled to go off. I’m not talking rolled over and barely opened my eyes before drifting right back to sleep. I mean full-fledged I’m wide-awake and oh-so-refreshed. Weird. But it’s been nice to take my time getting ready in the mornings and not be in such a rush to get out the door.

• Speaking of sleep habits, does anyone actually keep a journal on their bedside table? I’ve seriously been contemplating this because on 2 of the aforementioned mornings, I woke up from dreams featuring delicious ideas that I wouldn’t mind documenting. For example, this morning I was dreaming about a decadent party and an over-the-top rainbow-themed dessert table, complete with colorful macaroons. . Now I can’t recall the details as vividly, which is a shame because I’m thinking 27 on June 3 sounds like reason enough for rainbow colored desserts to me! A couple of mornings ago, I was dreaming about an artfully-arranged wall of pictures…and now for the life of me, I can’t remember how I had positioned all of the pictures. Which, again, is a shame because I have a collection of black and white photographs of my hometown in various sizes that desperately need a home on one of the walls at The Miller High Life casa.

• On the subject of dreams (close your ears Mr. Miller), I also had a recent and rather interesting dream about former Crimson Tide star Greg McElroy (probably fueled by THIS). It wasn’t X-rated or anything, but I’ll spare you the details nonetheless. Yeah yeah- I know what you all are thinking. What kind of good newlywed is having dreams about a guy other than her husband? Well, if you know Mr. Miller and me, you know that our love for Alabama football runs deep. So I’m pretty sure that the husband’s thought process would go a little something like this: Way to go babe! I love your enthusiasm and support for the Tide even during the off-season! Make no mistake- the sentiment would be drastically different if said dream had featured Philip Lutzenkirchen or Jarrett Lee or some other loserface rival player. Kidding on the loserface comment, guys. And if you really know the husband, you also know he wouldn’t dream of letting me get by without a least one joke about a ginger stealing the starring role of my dreams. My apologies to anyone offended by the term "ginger". We got nothin’ but love for the red-heads.

• Have any of you ever suffered from a case of the backwards underwear? You know, the moment when you take a restroom break and realize that you unknowingly put your underwear on inside-out or backwards or both? Yeah, it drives a Type-A girl like myself absolutely batpoop cray-cray. I was a victim of said affliction earlier this week. I realized my mistake about 10:00am (guess I wasn’t as refreshed and wide-awake as I thought when I got dressed that morning), and I literally thought about it all day. Why didn’t I just correct the problem? Well, our 6th floor restroom has quite a bit of traffic and fixing the issue would have required removing boots and tights in a 2X2 space with at least 1 or 2 strangers wondering what in the beejeezus was going in the stall next door. No thanks. So I just suffered through. All day. Until I got home. Does this test anyone else’s sanity? Or am I just completely psycho? As modern day psychology suggests, when in doubt – blame mom. So I’m just gonna assume this is some side effect of mother’s repeated childhood warnings to always be prepared and remember the importance of clean underwear.

Yep, so that’s my brain dump for the day. I know you are all like HUH? What the..? Who does this chick think she is not blogging for 8 months and using this crap as her comeback? Does she think it’s okay to just disappear and then not give any excuse or rationale for doing so? And the answer, people, is a resounding, shooooooo do! I’m not really sure why, but I had the urge to blog today. I’m not going to promise I’ll be back on a regular basis- been there, done that and failed miserably. Even if I did become a regular blogger, I’m not sure what direction I would want to take with this blog… I’m no longer planning a wedding so that material is out. I don’t have children so bribing readers with cute stories and pictures of them is also not an option. Likewise, Mr. Miller and I have no four-legged children either. Because the nature of my work is sensitive, I can’t share very detailed stories about that (for anyone thinking CIA or FBI – yeah, I wish). I’m not in the midst of some great journey or challenge (i.e.- backpacking Europe, losing half my body weight, or renovating a historical home). I love my life, but it’s not particularly interesting or exciting. So we’ll see. I love reading other blogs when I have time, and if I feel the urge to write, I will. And if I don’t, I won’t.

Happy Friday lovers!!!

1 comment:

Candace said...

I love that you are dreaming about GMac. He's great, and I'm sure Mr. Miller doesn't mind a bit.

Backwards or inside-out, I would've shucked boots, tights, and whatnot to correct the situation. I'd be crazy if I knew and didn't fix it. On the other hand, if you don't realize, eh.

So glad you are back!!!!