Sunday, February 12, 2012

wonderful weekend

'Twas another great Miller High Life weekend- highlighted by the celebration of our little Tate-a-roo-who turning one!

Here are a few high points from our weekend:





Thursday evening Mr. M and I had dinner and drinks with one of my former coworkers and his wife. It was fun to catch up with them, and we thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant choice. The Boot has a wonderful menu of gourmet sandwiches and burgers and a great selection of craft beers and wines. Definitely recommended for a fun and casual atmosphere!

We spent most of Friday evening helping with party preparations for the aforementioned first birthday celebration. Candace is quickly becoming an expert party planner, and I enjoyed helping her set up the decor, prep the food, and make the cake pops. It wasn't all hard work though...

There was some lovin' on sweet Tate.





And some exhilarating games of "Don't Let the Balloon Drop" with Miss Addison.










Saturday was party day, and all of the brunch food was delicious! I managed to snap a few shots, but I'm sure a FULL party recap will be forthcoming HERE.

Check out some of the cute decor







Addison opening her Valentine prize from Abba and Monkey.






Monkey and the Birthday Boy


Abba and the Birthday Boy


My favorite munchkins


What's cuter than a baby in a bag? Little Colin had a little fun with Tate's discarded gift bag!


Enjoying some smash cake


Little heartbreaker


Me and Mr. Colin






After all the festivities wrapped up, the girls' went on a little movie outing.



Steph had an amazing coupon deal for discounted tickets and free drinks/popcorn, and she let us all take advantage (Thanks Steph!). In true girl fashion, "The Vow" was our movie of choice. Not surprisingly, my tears flowed throughout and overall I really enjoyed the movie. Rachel McAdams makes me want milky porcelain skin and bangs, and Channing Tatum makes me want...well, that. I'm a sucker for swoon-worthy leading men and girly love stories. As usual, the movie wasn't quite all that I hoped for, but a captivating romance nonetheless.

You're welcome.


Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

The Sweet Life said...

You're def welcome!! I love a good movie outing!!!